About Our Board Certified Specialist
There are several factors that are important when selecting an attorney. First, you want someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in handling injury cases (versus an attorney who is a "jack of all trades, and master of none"). Just as you would not go to your family doctor for back surgery; you should not trust any attorney with your Workers’ Compensation or personal injury claim. Pavano Dombrowski, LLC concentrates on personal injury and workers' compensation. We have handled and successfully resolved hundreds of personal injury and workers' compensation through trial, arbitration and mediation.
The Workers’ Compensation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association has created the Workers’ Compensation Certification Program to help the public to identify attorneys who are competent, experienced, and skilled in the area of workers’ compensation law and to raise the level of practice in this area of the law.
Robert Dombrowski is a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist. This is an honor reserved for attorneys who demonstrate the highest knowledge of and commitment to the practice of Workers’ Compensation Law. Currently, in Connecticut, there are less than 60 attorneys who have achieved this designation.
The Legal Specialization Screening Committee and the Rules Committee of the Superior Court have approved the CBA’s certification program. This approval process insures that our program has met the court’s strict standards. See the links below for more information.
Attorneys who have attained the designation "Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist" have satisfied the following requirements:
- demonstrated that no less than twenty-five percent of their total practice has been in the area of workers’ compensation law;
- engaged in the practice of law in Connecticut for at least five years and been a member in good standing of each bar in which the attorney is admitted;
- maintained a malpractice policy with minimum limits of $300,000 per occurrence;
- have a satisfactory disciplinary and malpractice history;
- participated in a minimum of thirty-six hours of continuing legal education activities in the area of workers’ compensation law in the three years prior to filing the application;
- have a minimum of five references from other attorneys knowledgeable regarding the applicant’s practice and competence; and
- have passed a rigorous one-day written examination.
- Only attorneys who have been formally certified may use the designation "Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist" on business cards, letterhead, and other printed advertisements. See, www.ctbar.org/general/custom.asp?page Certification
You should feel comfortable with your attorney’s abilities as well as the attention paid to you and your case. At Pavano Dombrowski, LLC you can be confident that we have the experience and also know that you can call the attorney at any time if you have a question or problem. At Pavano Dombrowski, LLC although we have more than one client, we recognize that you only have one case. This means that we will give you and your case the attention it deserves.